Sunday 18 October 2015

Farming For The Future


In 2000, when we purchased our farm, my partner and I had a discussion on what our goals were and how would we achieve them. One of the biggest goals was food security and knowing how our food was being produced. We consider it a luxury to be able to produce our own beef, poultry, pork, eggs, and a large portion of our vegetables. We never grew up on farms so the learning curve was more like a vertical line for the first few years. Now we find that there is always something new to learn about food production but have settled into the routines of farming. I see this as a luxury because, although it takes up most of our spare time, I know everything about the food my family is eating and my children are growing up learning the skills and nature of food production.

Three food documentaries of note to watch are:

Food, Inc.
Super Size Me
Just Eat It



No comments:

Post a Comment